School Nursing Service

Provider: Cambridgeshire Community Services (CCS)



01480 418 600


Oak Tree Centre, 1 Oak Drive, Huntingdon, PE29 7HN


Health Service

Age range:

5 - 18

Location map


School nurses work with pupils and their families who attend mainstream schools in Cambridgeshire. School nurses provide support for physical or emotional health with clinics available for continence problems. Following a referral, an assessment of need will be completed to decide what help and support needs to be provided. This might include a referral to another service or agency. How long the service is involved will vary, depending on the child’s or young person's needs. School nurses work during term times; your local doctor's surgery can provide advice and support during school holidays.


All school aged pupils attending a mainstream school in Cambridgeshire can access the service.


Children, young people and their families can ask to see their school nurse. The school, a doctor, locality team or any person working with a child or family can make a referral to the school nurse by completing an assessment called a Family Common Assessment Framework (FCAF).



Opening days / times
Monday 9AM - 5PM
Tuesday 9AM - 5PM
Wednesday 9AM - 5PM
Thursday 9AM - 5PM
Friday 9AM - 5PM

Opening times

Term Time

Services by the same provider

Family Nurse Partnership, Neonatal Nursing Service, Children’s Continuing Care Team, Special Needs School Nursing service, Community Dental Services, Children's Community Nursing Team - Huntingdon, Children's Community Nursing Team - Cambridge, Community Consultant Paediatrician, Children's Continence Support from School Nursing Service, Health visiting, Children's Speech and Language Therapy: Cambridge, Children's Physiotherapy, Children's Occupational Therapy, Children's Speech and Language Therapy: Ely, Children's Speech and Language Therapy: Wisbech, Children's Speech and Language Therapy: Huntingdon, Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS), Physio Advice Line: Huntingdonshire, Physio Advice Line: South Cambridgeshire and Cambridge City, Physiotherapy: Cambridge City and South Cambridgeshire, Physiotherapy: East Cambridgeshire and Fenland, Physiotherapy: Huntingdonshire

Last updated on

04 Jan 2017 12:53
<< Back